Background

Monday, October 3, 2011

Momma, I Hungry

According to his mom, Jarrod has been an early riser since he was a wee-one. When we first started dating, she recounted a story of how he would sneak into her bedroom while she was sleeping and stare at her. Once she woke up, obviously startled by her offspring acting so...strange, he would exclaim "Momma, I hungry!"

I always thought that was such a cute story. I could just imagine a 3-year-old Jarrod with his white blonde hair and chubby cheeks just standing there, waiting for his mom to wake. His beady little eyes staring at her relentlessly. And when she finally rose, proclaiming to be fed.

I thought it was funny...until it happened to me this morning.

Well, ok...he didn't ask to be fed. But, I did wake up to someone standing over the bed staring at me. To say that it frightened me doesn't even begin to describe. I screamed. When I finally realized it was Jarrod (and not some psycho killer dude), I groggily asked him what on earth he was doing. His answer?

He was waiting for my alarm to go off so he could hit the snooze button. So I could sleep a little longer, since I had a bit of a restless night.

I married a weirdo, y'all. A really sweet weirdo.

4 comments:

  1. i LAUGHED so HARD hahaha!
    Funny!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet of him but that would have scared me too... who does that?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! That is adorable, and I'm glad he's so thoughtful...:o)

    One of my first memories is of my mom teaching me to read an alarm clock so that I could know when it was okay to get out of bed (her rule was that the clock had to "say 8" before we got up on a Saturday). It cracks me up to think of it, but I wonder if she was "suffering" from the same problem as your MIL's? ;o)

    ReplyDelete