Background

Friday, October 21, 2011

Shopping Spree and FITBF

Remember how I was saying I was having the urge to clean out my closet and update my clothing? Well, I haven't done any cleaning, but I have done plenty of shopping. A whole lot, actually. Take a look at some of the cute items I recently purchased!

Purple Plaid Scarf from The Limited

Infinity Leopard Print Scarf from The Limited
Can I just say that I love scarves? I am so happy that the weather has gotten cooler here and I am able to wear them. It makes me happy.

Brown Turnlock Clutch from The Limited

Guess Geenly Pumps from Macy's

Crochet-Trim Keyhole Top from Old Navy

Cable-Trim Tunic from Old Navy
This would be so cute with some skinny jeans and boots. Oh...I love fall/winter weather clothes!

Braided Zig-Zag Scarf from Old Navy
Oh, yes! Another scarf!

Chiffon Top from Old Navy
Everything I got was on sale. I got some other tops from Old Navy - one for only $3.99! The husband can't complain about that!

I am planning on taking this weekend to overhaul the closet. I have to make room for all my new purchases! Hopefully I can tackle it quickly and our bedroom won't look like a tornado hit it. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

And now...Fill in the Blank Friday! Join in on the fun with Lauren at The Little Things We Do!


1. Nothing says fall like  cooler weather! Houston has had a cold front this week and it has been amazing. High of 70s, low in the 40s and 50s. My kind of weather. I love it.

2. My favorite autumnal tradition is   Daylight Savings Time Fall Back. This girl loves her sleep. For real.

3. My favorite fall treat is   pumpkin pie. Or pumpkin spice chai tea lattes. Yeah, it sounds odd, but it is so yummy.

4. Fall makes me think of  gift-giving   because  this is the time of year when I begin Christmas shopping. I am a bit of a planner. And I love Christmas.

5. Autumn free form word association, go!  Scarves, boots, tights, pumpkins, apple cider, warm colors and football!

6. My go-to outfit in the fall is   something comfortable. I love sweater dresses and boots, but I usually always go with the t-shirt/sweatshirt and jeans combo. So cozy and simple.

7. My favorite fall holiday is (Halloween or Thanksgiving)  Thanksgiving. Hands down. Dressing up scary is fun and all, but spending time with family and friends eating turkey, pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce is so much better.

4 comments:

  1. I love your style! I would totally wear anything you bought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THOSE SCARVES!!!!!! Too fabulous for words!!! And I love Christmas too!!! It's so much fun to reign in the holidays with the cold weather! So fab!!

    Hope you have a great weekend!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN to daylight savings time. I'll take any reason for an extra hour of sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete