I looked at my calendar today and realized that in 39 days I will be on a cruise. In approximately 5 weeks I will be wearing a bathing suit. And the week before we leave I will be eating pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. Not good, y'all. Not good at all.
I am feeling defeated. I am feeling like it is all a waste of time. I am feeling like I will never see results.
So today's "Oh, Pinteresting Wednesday" is all about encouragement, motivation and not giving up.








sorry friend. Have you tried the "my fitness pal" app? A friend showed it to me and I love it. You can type or even SCAN in everything you eat in a day (it gives you calorie limit based on information you put in) and then at the end of the day it tells you what you would weigh in 5 weeks if you ate like that day every day!
ReplyDeleteI love it--seeing that little number at the end of each day keeps me modivated!
Hey Lauren...I actually do have that app and I love it! It is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I know it's hard...this summer I trained for my first half marathon and I gained weight during my training...how could that happen when I was running the most I had ever done before!? I pretty much stopped weight training to train for the run and afterwards someone told me that that's probably why I gained the weight. So, maybe try 1 or 2 day of weight training if you are able to? But, even if the scale isn't moving at least you know you are doing something healthy for your body by running.
ReplyDeleteI agree with both Lauren and Kimberly... I lost weight using the My Fitness Pal app, and I was surprised at how my seemingly little cheats were actually way bigger than I had anticipated. I think you'd do really well, plus if you don't have a smart phone, it shouldn't matter because there's a website too!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.myfitnesspal.com/
Hehehe...Sar...that was me. I am Kimberly. ;) But, I agree. Counting calories is so important, because you really don't know how much you are eating until you sit down and really add it all up. I use the app on my phone.
ReplyDeleteI just started using the app Fleetly and I like it a lot. It tracks exercise and has workout guides. I have a hard time making myself work out (especially at the end of a long day) and this helps motivate me. It lets you compete against other people, including people you know, which motivates me because I want to win. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYou may have just hit a plateau or maybe you need more calories. Don't give up! Great motivating pins.
ReplyDeleteI host a weekly blog how every Friday, Fitness Friday. It's a great source for inspiration, motivation and support!
You can see last week's FF post here
http://jillconyers.typepad.com/life_as_i_see_it/2011/10/fitness-friday-tattoos-ifitness-and-new-gels.html
and details here http://jillconyers.typepad.com/life_as_i_see_it/2011/06/get-ready-for-the-new-fitness-friday-blog-hop.html
Good luck!
I'm sure you'll get better - not sure how much weight training you'd been doing before, but is it possible that you're gaining fat while losing muscle? Muscle weighs more, so if you do that, it would explain why you seem to be gaining weight. I had someone tell me once that sometimes when you're training like that, it makes more sense to track your measurements than your weight (you may weigh the same or more, but have lost an inch around your waist or something, if that makes sense?)
ReplyDelete