Background

Friday, October 14, 2011

Piper Passes Kindergarten + FITBF

Hello, my friends! I hope everyone had a fantastic week and is looking forward to the weekend ahead.

Jarrod and I have had a pretty uneventful, but good week. On Tuesday night, our little pipsqueak graduated from her training school. They grow up so fast, y'all! I was so proud of how she acted that night. Usually she is the most hyper dog there, but that night she was calm and well-behaved. She did all of the commands with ease and paid attention when we called her. The trainer was in shock, and honestly, so was I. For a moment I thought we had the wrong puppy. But, she aced the exam and received her certificate!

Putting on her cap
Receiving her certificate and enjoying a treat
Our little graduate
Throwing her cap
She can now sit, lay down, shake, drop, come, and stay. She also knows "leave it" when I have a treat in my hand and will only take it when I give the okay. She is so smart!

Tonight we are heading up to College Station to see my Baylor Bears play against the Texas A&M Aggies on Saturday. Jarrod's youngest brother and cousin attend A&M, so it should be a fun game with lots of banter. I plan on being decked out in my green and gold! Sic 'Em, Bears!

Now, for Fill in the Blank Friday!

Link up with Lauren at The Little Things We Do!
1. The most selfless thing I've ever done was  .... Is it bad that I can't think of a particular instance? I am sure that I have done something that could be considered selfless, but it doesn't jump out in my mind. I enjoy doing nice things for others, but I can't say that it was "selfless." It was just me doing a good deed. Ask me in a few years once I have kids...I am sure I will have an answer then.

2. When it comes to working out  I am not a fan. I have never liked exercise. Sweat? Gross. But, I have been keeping up with the Couch to 5k program, and I am actually enjoying it. Although I am not seeing a whole lot of results, which is slightly discouraging.

3. A woman should always  do something that makes her feel pretty. Pedicure, haircut, shopping...whatever it may be.

4. I wish I could  magically make more time in the days  and then I'd  be able to complete all the craft projects and Christmas shopping that I want to do!

5. A best friend is  someone that you can be your total self with. And they are there for you always. Especially in the darkest times of your life.

6. I can't get enough of  pumpkin desserts! I made pumpkin chocolate chip brownies last weekend and made pumpkin muffins last night. Yummy!

7. This weekend I am  heading to College Station to watch the Baylor vs. Texas A&M football game, hanging out with the in-laws, and then relaxing at home with the hubby.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Piper! How adorable that he had a mortarboard to wear...! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Piper! How cute is she?!

    Hope you have a good weekend :)

    -Holly @ Eight Six Eleven

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these fill in the blank posts. i may have to try one myself one day... thanks for checking out my post! and you said to let you know if there was a blog swap... sooo, my blogger friend, holly is currently working on getting one together if you want to check it out... heres the link:

    http://hollyjean331.blogspot.com/2011/10/101-in-1001-challenge-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy moly! those graduation cap pictures are HILARIOUS! you just made my Sunday afternoon so much brighter :) hope you're having a great weekend! xoxo {av} | {long distance loving}

    ReplyDelete