At the beginning of December, Jarrod and I went on a cruise with three of our good friends, Dan, Chelle and Chris. I had never been on a cruise before, so I was a little apprehensive when we first decided to go.
What if I got sea sick?
What if I fell overboard?!
But, our friend, Chelle, was turning 30 and wanted to celebrate in style. And I couldn't say no to that!
The cruise was a week long and we visited Honduras, Belize and Cozumel.
We spent the first few days at sea, which gave us ample amount of time to explore the ship and participate in the events.
 |
| Dining Room |
 |
| Inside the ship |
 |
| Pool |
 |
| Decorated for Christmas |
 |
Dan, Chelle, Chris, me and Jarrod
with Loni and JoJo, two friends we made while on the cruise |
After the few days at sea, we docked in Honduras. We immediately loaded up on a bus and set out for our Shipwreck snorkeling excursion. The snorkeling was amazing - I wish we could have stayed out there longer! The shipwreck was a little underwhelming, though, as we learned from our guide that they had purposefully sunk the ship for tourism. Boo.
 |
| Honduras Welcome Party |
 |
| Chelle made fast friends with a monkey |
 |
| Jarrod and I snorkeling |
 |
| Shipwreck |
The next day we docked in Belize. Now, this is where Jarrod and I spent our honeymoon, so I was really excited to return and visit places we originally didn't get to see. While the others went ziplining, Jarrod and I went to visit the Mayan Ruin, Xunantunich. And it was well worth the 2 hour bus drive - it was absolutely breathtaking.
 |
| The temple |
 |
| Jarrod and I climbed all the way to the top - 130 feet up! |
 |
| View from very top of temple |
Our last visit was to Cozumel. Now, you would think living in Texas my entire life that I would have been to Mexico at least once...but, alas, this was my first time. And I loved it! It was beautiful! The entire group did a stingray excursion together, which was a lot of fun. Afterwords we did a little shopping and then headed over to
Señor Frog's for some drinks and entertainment.
 |
Our ship, The Mariner of the Seas, next to the largest ship
in the world, The Allure of the Seas |
 |
| Our group (minus Dan) at the stingray excursion |
 |
| Hook 'em Horns underwater |
 |
| Stingray! |
 |
| Stingray...up close |
 |
| Shots, Shots, Shots Shots! |
 |
| The guys at Señor Frog's made Jarrod a...hat....? |
All in all, it was a wonderful vacation and I am looking forward to the next time we can go on a cruise again!
impressive!! Looks like a wonderful time :)
ReplyDeleteWow that seems so wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun cruise!! My hubby and I are starting to plan our 1 yr. anniversary trip and are talking about a cruise too :)
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower! Happy Friday :)
It looks like ya'll had a great time! I LOVE cruises!!!
ReplyDelete