This past weekend, Jarrod and I made a trip to Beaumont to see my beautiful friend, Blaire, get married.
 |
| Me and Blaire |
 |
Blaire and me at my wedding.
I love Jarrod in the background of this photo... |
We left work early Friday afternoon and headed towards Beaumont in order to attend the rehearsal dinner. The theme of the night was western and we were all asked to wear our cowboy boots. They served Texas barbeque and played country music all night long. It was such an easy going and fun time!
 |
| Me, Jarrod and John Wayne |
The next day was the BIG day! Blaire looked absolutely stunning and both the church and reception were decorated beautifully. Jarrod and I had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed witnessing two of our good friends become a married couple. Congratulations, Blaire and Dave!
 |
| The bride and groom |
 |
| Her cake looked like her dress |
 |
| Jackie, me and Sara Beth |
The next day was our anniversary. We made the hike back to Houston and started getting ready for our night out. Once all primped and pretty, we headed to Eddie V's for a seafood dinner. While at the restaurant, we opened our "paper" gifts to one another - I gave Jarrod tickets to a
Spielberg and Williams concert at the Houston Symphony. Jarrod gave me tickets to a Broadway musical production of
The Addams Family.
 |
| Our table at Eddie V's |
 |
| Taking our first anniversary picture |
Afterwords, we headed home to partake in our first anniversary cakes! For those of you who don't know, we didn't keep the cake topper from our wedding cake. It was too large to store in the freezer, and since Jarrod and I never really had any cake at our wedding, we went ahead and ate it while it was still fresh. I decided to call the baker of our wedding cakes and asked her to do smaller versions of them for our first anniversary. And they came out perfectly! They looked like small replicas of our wedding and groom's cakes and they tasted divine.
 |
| Wedding cake |
 |
| Groom's Cake |
| |
 |
| Burnt Orange Velvet Cake |
 |
| Anniversary cakes |
 |
| Yummy! |
Of course now I have two cakes that need to be consumed....This could end tragically. For my waistline.
Oh wauw, those cakes look amazing!! I want some haha!
ReplyDelete