Background

Friday, September 9, 2011

TGIF

I don't know why, but for some reason the weeks always seem to drag after a three-day weekend. Is that just me or does that happen with y'all? This week was no exception, and I must say that I am so happy it is finally Friday.

On Tuesday we took Piper to her first puppy training class. Actually, it is a beginner level class. I figured we should go a step above, since they teach the same stuff in both classes and she met all the requirements for the beginner class. With that said, I thought there would be more dogs her age. I was wrong. Most of the dogs are one year old or more. There is one dog that is four years old. And he bites everyone. Poor Piper almost got mangled by him. And the trainer is a little...odd. She would instruct us to do one thing (vaguely, I may add) and then change the entire thing right in the middle of it. We were so confused. And has anyone ever heard of clicker training? We are learning to do that...but I sort of feel that it is a completely extra and unneeded step. I am going to give the class another chance, but...I don't know. We will see. At least Piper didn't flunk on her first day of school.

"I am sitting...now where is my treat?!"
"Whew...puppy training is tough!"
Tomorrow we are driving to Austin for the Texas vs. BYU game. We are taking Piper to a kennel, which I am a little apprehensive about. I mean, she is a baby! What if the other dogs don't like her? What if they bully her? What if she doesn't make friends? Is she going to be scared?

Obviously I am joking...


Sort of.

"You over there! I order you to feed me treats!"
Well, that is all I have for now, folks. Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. Amen. TGIF! I only worked 3 days this week, and I feel like I've worked at least 731 hours!

    Your dog is soo cute! Is she a lab?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, thanks for visiting my blog! Your doggy is SO cute! I wish I could have one but our place is too small and without a garden it would just be sad...
    So I'll have to wait a bit :)
    Love to read your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Britt: Yes, she is a lab mix. We don't know exactly what she is mixed with, but we are thinking terrier.

    @Evelien: We live in a townhouse, so we don't have a backyard either. Thankfully, we have a lot of open fields next to our house. But it makes it really hard!

    ReplyDelete