Background

Monday, September 12, 2011

And the Award Goes to...


Growing up I never really won anything of great significance. Ok, yes, I won the school attendance award almost every year. And sure, I have a few trophies from my drill team and dancing days. But nothing other than that. So when I found out Friday that the lovely Laura, from Casa del Hansen, had honored me with a "Liebster Award," I was shocked to say the least.

Me!

You love me! You really do love me!

Can you tell that I am slightly enthused by this?

The Liebster Award, according to Laura's blog, is described like this:
The award, which got its start in Germany (according to the translation I found, Liebster means "favorite") is designed to highlight blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
Such a great way to show recognition! The award works as a "pay-it-forward" type of thing, as I am now supposed to share the love and award the Liebster to my five favorite blogs.

Fun, right?!

So, without further ado, here are the five blogs, in no particular order, that I absolutely love:


1. Brittany from KnewlyWifed
I found Brittany's blog while browsing the comments off of another blog, and I am so glad I did. I was hooked after reading just one post. I love how she writes - she is extremely witty and entertaining. Her posts are so relatable to me, and as odd as it may sound, I feel as though we have been friends for a long time!


2. Lauren from Seek First
Lauren is a friend of mine from church. She is one of the main reasons I started my own blog! A newlywed like myself, Lauren writes about the ins and outs of married life, work and going back to school. And if that wasn't enough, she crafts in her spare time - just check out her Etsy shop! She is definitely a busy gal!


3. Nicki from The Kenningtons
Nicki is actually a sorority sister of mine. I don't remember how I came across her blog, but I have been keeping up with her life ever since. It is one of the first ones I read every morning. She is such a positive, Christian woman, both in person and throughout her blog.


4. Jess from Jackson's Lane
I discovered Jess' blog after she left a comment on mine. She mentioned she lived in Houston as well, and I was instantly hooked. Texas girls have to stick together!


5. Evelien from A Glimpse of Me
First of all, love her name. Second of all, love that she just recently got married. I enjoy reading about her wedding planning and looking through her wedding and honeymoon pictures. It is such a fun and exciting time, and it is nice to read a blog that is at that same spot in life as I am.


So, congratulations, my liebsters! You totally deserve it! Don't forget to pay-it-forward and recognize your five favorite blogs with under 200 followers!


And thanks again, Laura, for being my blogger friend. I am elated to know that you enjoy reading my blog. My ramblings. It means a lot to me. 

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it?! You are welcome...hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o) Glad to hear I made your day, Kimberly! And I'm excited to have some new blogger friends to meet via this list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks Kim! Your words were very sweet, and I really appreciate them. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS KIM!!!! So sweet and I forgot to tell you how much I love the glitter in the blog background... sparkles are my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wauw!!!!!! Thank you :)
    I'm so surprised and I don't know what to say haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally don't deserve this, but it's an honor to be recognized by you :) Thanks so much, dear blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love some of those blogs too..Thanks for the suggestion of the others :)

    ReplyDelete