Background

Monday, May 23, 2011

Hook 'Em Horns - Graduation Style

As I mentioned in my last post, this past weekend was my brother-in-law's college graduation. Jarrod and I drove to Austin early Friday afternoon so we could meet up with the rest of the family. Once everyone arrived, we headed over to a restaurant to celebrate in true Sparks fashion. Nothing says congratulations more than yummy food and wine.

After dinner we headed to the Erwin Center, where the graduation was to be held. And then we sat and waited while 675 graduate names were called. And then Josh walked across the stage. And we cheered. And then Josh became an official Texas Ex.

Justin, Kristina, Jeff, Josh, Val, me and Jarrod after the graduation
Three generations of UT Engineers
By the way, I can't take credit for the photos. I brought my camera with me with every intention of snapping a couple of pictures to put up on the blog. But I quickly discovered that my camera battery was dead. As was my back-up battery. Thus, no camera. Good thing my in-laws are better prepared than me.

Congratulations, Josh! We enjoyed seeing you and celebrating one of your biggest accomplishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment