Background

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th Weekend Wrap Up

Jarrod and I began our Fourth of July weekend by taking Piper to her first vet appointment (at least with us). She already had a couple of shots and other medications prior to the adoption, but we wanted to check her overall health and make sure we were on the right track. The vet decided that she probably got her first round of shots too early, so she got her second shots again. He also said that she looked to be 11 weeks old, about 2 weeks older than we initially thought. They grow up so fast!

We left from the vet and headed up to visit my dad at the skilled nursing facility. We brought Piper along so that he could finally meet the grandpup. I think he really enjoyed seeing her.

Later that night we went out for a sushi dinner and then came home to watch Marley & Me. I had never seen the movie before, but I had heard that it was good. I thought it was funny...until the end. Yeah, I cried. I think it is safe to say that any movie where an animal dies, I will be bawling my eyes out. However, I am pretty sure Piper enjoyed the movie. She was watching it intently with us. Anytime a dog would bark she would sit up and stare at the TV. Pretty cute and entertaining.

On Sunday we went to church and then headed over to our COR group leader's new house to grill. I decided to make dessert for the get together and used a recipe for cake balls from the Bakerella blog. I changed it up a little and made German chocolate cake balls. I think they turned out pretty well.



On Monday we cleaned up around the house, visited with my parents and then took Piper for a long walk. Afterwards, we enjoyed the sound of fireworks from the comfort of our living room. Piper slept through it all. Miles hid in his room.

Overall, a rather relaxing and boring weekend. But, it was a lot of fun and extremely productive. I hope everyone had a wonderful July 4th as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment