Background

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Hanging out with good friends always brings a smile to my face. This past Monday night, Jarrod and I had dinner with my cousin, Jessica, and her husband. We went over to their apartment and she cooked a delicious meal, pot roast with potatoes and carrots. Yum. We provided the alcohol and dessert. We were really excited because Piper was also invited to this little shindig. Jessica and Griffin have a 10 week old beagle puppy, Stoops, so we were looking forward to introducing the two and seeing how they interacted. It was interesting, to say the least.

Here are some pictures of them...fighting playing. I, unfortunately, wasn't able to snap a picture of Piper exhibiting her wrestling moves, but she did pin Stoops a couple of times. That's my girl.




2. I'm an old, married lady now, so I started clipping coupons. I have a lot of friends and relatives that have started doing the "extreme couponing" and, while I am not going to the extreme with it, I wanted to see if it really would help reduce our grocery costs. I began clipping coupons two weeks ago and since that time we have gone to the store twice. After looking at our receipts, it appears that we saved over $50. Not to shabby, if I say so myself. All of the items we bought were things we needed or used on a regular basis. I figure as time goes by I will get more used to it and have more coupons to work with, which will help me save even more. I also think that since we are saving so much money, my shopping budget should increase. Jarrod disagrees. He is no fun.

3. I love long weekends. July 4th weekend begins tomorrow and I am so excited. I can guarantee that I will be sleeping in and getting all the relaxation I can. I have been in a rut and have been feeling extremely exhausted lately. Who knows why, but I am hoping that an extra day off from work will fix that.

Happy Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Cute puppies!
    Great job on the coupon clipping! Where are you getting your coupons?
    Have a great long weekend :) Hopefully you can relax and get out of your rut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristin! Thanks! My mom is giving me the coupons she gets from the Houston Chronicle's Sunday paper. I also print some online coupons I find on coupons.com. Jarrod and I are thinking about joining the Grocery Game's website just to see if it helps even more. I have heard good things about it. :)

    ReplyDelete