I decided to bake it last night while Jarrod was at his MBA class. That way it would be a surprise for him when he got home. After visiting with my dad, I hurried over to the grocery store to buy the rest of the ingredients and then rushed home and began baking.
The recipe itself was rather easy and didn't take much time to prepare. I got it in the oven and the house immediately began to smell of chocolate and bananas. It smelled so good! After it was done baking, I pulled it out of the oven. It was perfect - nice and golden on the top. I let it cool and then tried to turn it over as instructed.
Disaster. The entire thing just crumbled into pieces. I think I didn't let it cool long enough or I was too harsh when turning it over onto the plate. Either way, I was distraught. All that effort and it just looked like a pile of crumbs!
Jarrod enjoyed it though, and that is all that mattered to me. Even if it wasn't beautifully prepared, it tasted darn good! I will definitely be making this again. Not only because it was delicious, but because I now need to master the art of a bundt pan.
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 stick butter, softened
2 eggs
3 medium sized ripe bananas
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of bundt pan with Crisco shortening and dust with flour. Mix sugar and butter in large bowl. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into pan. Bake about 45 minutes until top is light brown and wooden pick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice and spread with butter. Serve warm with a glass of cold milk. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment