Background

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Land of Enchantment and the Dog Debacle

Jarrod and I are catching a flight and heading to Ruidoso, New Mexico tomorrow afternoon. We are going to see some of Jarrod's close friends get married. This will be the second wedding we have attended since our own, and I am really excited about it. And, in addition to all that, I am looking forward to the traveling. I have only driven through New Mexico, so it will be a fun mini-vacation of sorts.

In other news, this week has been pretty exciting for us. About a week ago, Jarrod and I decided that we wanted to start looking into adopting a dog from one of the local shelters. We visited one puppy adoption event on Saturday, and I immediately fell in love with this cute golden retriever/yellow lab mix. She was adorable! She was super friendly and loved to play. Unfortunately, though, Jarrod was not in love with her. I think he is certifiably insane. I was a little bummed, to be honest, but I want him to be happy with the dog we choose too. So we didn't end up adopting her. Then, yesterday, we went to visit a black lab mix puppy. She wasn't as playful, but she was extremely cute and sweet. Jarrod really liked her, but I wasn't 100%. So, after many back and forth discussions, we decided not to adopt her either.

We are hoping that once we return from New Mexico we can find a dog that we both fall in love with. Who knew adopting a puppy would be so difficult! Only between me and Jarrod, apparently.

And don't worry...we have already begun discussing the upcoming addition with Miles. But, every time I tell him he is going to be a big brother I get a confused look like this:


So, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment