Background

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Brownie Points for Me! (Mmm...brownies...)

Both the hubby and I have been complaining about our eating habits as of late. I blame myself, mostly, as I love to bake breads and sweets (shocking, I know). Every so often isn't so bad, but when it is almost every other week, it certainly adds up.

In an effort to shed some inches and lose a few pounds, I started exercising more and using a calorie counter on my phone. I had counted calories a few years back, and it really helped me watch what I ate and realize the foods I was putting in my body. And I actually lost weight pretty fast. I stopped doing it, though, for whatever reason, and the pounds started slowly showing back up when I got on the scale. I decided it was time to nip it in the bud, especially since Jarrod and I are planning on going on a cruise later this year.

What I would like to ask you, my imaginary friends, is why is it that the moment you go on a "diet" that all the bad foods show up everywhere?!

This morning at work there was a box of donuts and kolaches in the break room. I actually don't like donuts, but I love kolaches. It was so hard to eat my granola bar, knowing that true yumminess was just a few steps away.

Then, to make matters worse, my department ordered mexican food for a lunch meeting. They set up the table with all the food right outside my office. The smell of fajitas, tortillas, queso and chips quickly filled my cubicle. My frozen, 290 calorie chicken enchiladas paled in comparison.

It was torture. Yet, I prevailed and refrained from partaking in the deliciousness. And I am proud of myself.

As my reward I am going on a double date with some of our church friends to this restaurant tonight. Where I am sure I will max out the number of allotted calories for the day week. And I will enjoy every single bit of it.

I mean, after a day like today...I think I deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I totally agree. Every time I try to cut back, and 'bad' weekend will show up with cookouts or church dinners and before I know it, I've consumed a weeks-worth of calories. Sometimes I just say to heck with it!

    P.S. I saw your title and immediately craved brownies! Darn you!

    ReplyDelete